Sunday, February 7, 2016

2016 Curriculum

When I decided on a whole new vision for what our daily lives would look like I had a curriculum plan all laid out that was with free resources around the internet.



We have decided to join a public school charter school. Yes, there is still testing involved. No, we don't mind the testing. It doesn't have any weight on my children and we don't use it as a measure of intelligence. Read about our top 5 reasons a public school charter works for us!

We will still be pulling from several free resources but not as heavily as i had originally planned. With the available funds I was able to buy a boxed curriculum that i'm praying works for us!

Our Morning Basket

This year I have decided to put together a morning basket that will be gone through every morning over breakfast. Some we will read every day, and some will be on a loop schedule.

History/Geography

Trail Guide to Learning, Paths of Exploration

This is a unit study, Charlotte Mason based curriculum. We will be covering the following units:

  • Christopher Columbus
  • Jamestown
  • Pilgrims
  • Daniel Boone
  • Lewis & Clark
  • Trails West

Science

This is also included in the Trail Guide to Learning package we purchased, but I will be adding in these resources:

Art

Again, this subject is included in the Trail Guide to Learning package, but we will be supplementing with these resources:

Music/Poetry

We will be using the Ambleside Online schedules for the following:

Composer Study

  • Johannes Brahms
  • Franz Schubert
  • Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina

Poetry

  • William Blake
  • Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Sara Teasdale 
  • Hilda Conkling

Hymns

  • A Charge to Keep Have I
  • Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven
  • Jesus, The Very Thought of Thee
  • come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
  • Purer In Heart, O God
  • Take My Life and Let It Be

Folksongs

  • When the Iceworm Nests Again
  • Sown by the Salley Gardens
  • I've Been Working On the Railroad
  • Tom Dooley
  • Skye Boat Song

For individual work, please see these links:

Tot-School
Kindergarten
3rd Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments, concerns, questions or anything else you would like to add. I'm so thankful you could stop by!